JUNIOR TRADER – Dubai, UAE Jobs in Cobblestone Energy at Douala, Cameroon
Website Cobblestone Energy
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Cobblestone Energy in Douala, Cameroon
About the job
Cobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world’s economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialise in the proprietary trading of the intraday and short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection.
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas.
- The team is more important than the individual.
- Being the best in any market we enter.
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people.
- Others must benefit from our existence.
Junior Trader – Commercial Development Programme – Dubai, UAE
Starting Remuneration of 50,000 USD per annum, 0% Tax environment.
Fast progression for strong performers.
Commercial Development Programme
The Cobblestone Commercial Development Programme (CDP) is your passport to an exciting and challenging career in the world’s commodities markets. It is a programme lasting up to 12 months designed to give you exposure across trading and analytics to help you develop the tools you need to be a highly effective team member.
We are searching for exceptional graduates who thrive on intellectual challenges and can provide creative solutions to complex problems. High performers who have proved themselves can graduate from the programme earlier.
This is a role for highly analytical and sharp individuals with strong numerical ability. One must be able to learn and think quickly. Opportunity is unlimited for exceptional talent.
We are offering graduate vacancies in our Dubai office starting throughout the year.
What We Offer In This Role
- A full-time position on our Commercial team.
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues.
- Great compensation and rewards.
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career.
- An opportunity to work on new things from scratch and make independent decisions.
- Unlimited growth potential.
- Support the commercial decisions of the traders through the provision of timely analysis and market monitoring.
- Perform research into various aspects of the European Energy markets
- Analyse business requirements (tools and systems) and provide ideas to solutions that add value to the bottom line.
- Strong numerical, logical reasoning and analytical skills.
- A in A level Mathematics. Must have studied Mathematics at A level. *
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Resilience and a determination to succeed.
- Independent thinkers with growth mindset.
- Programming (e.g., Python, Java, C++) skills are desirable but not mandatory.
- Must be passionate, self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Strong sense of integrity.
- Personal values that match our company values.
Our Hiring Process
After your application has been evaluated, you will be invited to take online psychometric assessments that will evaluate your numerical ability.
Upon successful completion of these, you will be invited for a series of interviews with members of both our HR and Commercial team.
Before full time admission onto our Commercial Development Programme (CDP), all finalist candidates will be invited to attend a Cobblestone Training Programme (CTP). CTPs will be carried out at our Dubai office. We shall cater for everything – flights, accommodation, paperwork, and expenses.
During the Training Program, you will work on real-life tasks and situations with other members of the commercial and technical team. The goal is to enable you to learn as much as possible within the period while giving you the opportunity to shine in an area tailored to your strengths. You are also evaluated for cultural fit, aptitude, and your ability to work with others.
Those passing the CTP will be offered a full-time role on the CDP.
The role will be based in our Corporate office in Dubai.
Jumeirah Business Centre 2, Cluster V, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Here are some resources for your reference:
- ELEXONUK – Electricity trading arrangements (2 minutes 12 seconds)
- ELEXONUK – What Elexon does (2 minutes 51 seconds)
- National Grid ESO – Our Role explained (2 minutes 21 seconds)
- National Grid ESO – How we operate GB’s electricity system (2 minutes 40 seconds)
- You can find additional learning material here
Company: Cobblestone Energy
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Douala, Cameroon
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org