Software Architect, Trilogy (Remote) – $100,000/year USD Job in Crossover for Work at Yaoundé, Cameroon
Website Crossover for Work
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Crossover for Work in Yaoundé, Cameroon
About the job
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, Trilogy. Have you got what it takes?
Traditionally, software architects spend their time reviewing code, writing end-to-end tests, talking to business units, and dancing around company politics to get teams to adopt new technology. But we’re not traditional.
Trilogy’s software architects are laser-focused and spend 100% of their time analyzing architectural designs and making important technical decisions. Our architects make decisions solely on technical correctness and simplicity, as opposed to cost, team expertise, or managerial preference.
Here is your opportunity to work on a different product every week and make technical decisions for 100+ products in our growing portfolio. You will use the latest cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, and GSP to modernize a tech stack of a wide variety of applications. You will translate high-level design patterns into product-specific releases that serve as guardrails for Engineering to follow when building the product.
While most architects work on one or two products a year, you will expand on dozens of architectural design patterns. Join us to fast-track your career and distinguish yourself in the industry!
What You Will Be Doing
- Important Technical Decisions (ITDs). Decide how to use and integrate technology, analyze the potential impact of your decision, and then make a case defending your decision.
- Requirement-Release Mapping. Extract all technical decisions, functional and non-functional, from a higher-level architectural document and map them to relevant releases
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Designing the whole architectural solution. Our CTO team defines the building blocks and key technologies to use, while our architects turn that design into actionable release specifications
- Participating in daily scrum meetings or providing day-to-day direction to an engineering team
- Performing code reviews, debugging, or investigating outages
Software Architect Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring a clear-cut handoff between the Architecture and Engineering teams. You will serve as the single source of truth for Engineering to implement a release outlining all-important architectural design decisions for a set of clearly defined Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- At least three years of experience writing production code
- At least two years of experience leading a development team (i.e., responsible for reviewing code written by others, setting dev standards, etc.)
- At least one year of experience making important architecture and design decisions on software projects
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/autheset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3335-CM-Yaounde-SoftwareArchit1.003
Company: Crossover for Work
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org