Frontend Developer in EMEA
This Job Listing is about DoubleCloud in EMEA 2022
About the job
We are looking for a Frontend Developer to develop the DoubleCloud UX, build relationships with customers, and implement major project challenges. If you have experience in frontend development and are familiar with infrastructure, deployment, and their adjacent processes – join us!
About DoubleCloud and our project
DoubleCloud is a data management platform with a single point of access to the services that help you build modern data applications.
With our platform, data engineers can focus on what they love building instead of spending time on tasks related to scaling up or down, installing updates, deploying additional software and other required admin around open source technologies.
Our team develops interfaces for the resource management console, the partner portal, analytics and monitoring systems, and more. We help at every stage of the service cycle, including designing UI/UX and coming up with the architecture needed to interface with the backend.
As a company, DoubleCloud is an early-stage startup incorporated in Germany (Berlin) and the USA (Boston). We are currently over 40 people today, and the team is growing fast.
This role can be performed on-site, hybrid or remote.
What you will do:
- Implement major project challenges
- Work with our design team to develop the DoubleCloud UX
- Build relationships with customers to gather and analyze feedback
- Come up with solutions and ideas
What we expect from you:
- Experience in building web applications, using modern components libraries and state management solutions
- Proficiency with modern CSS solutions
- Experience in using REST APIs
What will be nice to have:
- Experience with using GRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Experience in cloud deployment (preferably AWS) and DevOps solutions
- Experience in open source development
To give you some more insights, here’s our web tech stack:
- React, library for building UI
- Сomponents library, open sourced by our team
- Redux, app state management library
- SCSS for styles
- Node.js Express, as gateway used in our application
- Next.js framework used for our site development
- GRPC/REST API for frontend <-> backend communication
- Sentry platform for error-tracking
Design communication: Figma
For testing we use: Jest, Storybook and Playwright for E2E tests
- AWS, EKS, Terraform, used for our infrastructure
- TeamCity and ArgoCD, used for our CI/CD purposes
As a team, we work in a startup-like agile rhythm. We help and inspire each other, try new things and learn new lessons. We are here for each other, and we ensure each individual has everything they need to reach their goals. We are here to build the best possible product and want our customers to get the most value of it.
DoubleCloud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Simply put, we do not discriminate which means we treat everyone with respect. Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental principles at DoubleCloud.
We’re a global and diverse team full of positive vibes, and we love it that way.
Benefits & Perks
To reward our employees for the great work, they’re doing, we offer several perks and benefits, including:
- Exceptional medical benefits and well being perks
- Paid parental leave
- Personal and career development courses
- For WFH: Home office expenses reimbursement options
- For remote coworking: office space or coworking expenses reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and paid sick leaves
- Subsidized retirement plan
- And plenty more…
Get in touch or share this Job Description with someone you think may be interested!
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: EMEA
Application Deadline: N/A