Contract Manager vacancy in Smit Lamnalco at Douala, Cameroon
Website Smit Lamnalco
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Smit Lamnalco in Douala, Cameroon
About the job
Smit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 150 vessels and more than 1700 staff and crews worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in almost 25 countries, with a focus on Australia, the Middle East and Africa, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. More information on Smit Lamnalco can be found on www.smitlamnalco.com
The purpose of this position is:
To manage the assigned contract and ensure delivery of the agreed service to the client in a cost effective and safe manner.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities (to include but not limit to):
- Ensure that the day to day operations are performed in a safe, secured, professional, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ensure a financial performance in line with budget(s) and company objectives and assume P&L accountability for the contract.
- Manage client expectations and build-up a close relationship and ‘goodwill’ with the customers representative/client on site.
- Identify commercial opportunities within the current contract to maximizeaise revenues.
- Manage and report financial and operational performance of the contract and ensure timely payments from clients.
- Manage the contract within the values and overall policies, procedures and standards of the Company; SLIMS compliant.
- Ensure a proper application of the Crew Policies & Procedures and management of Crew on board of the Vessels.
- Ensure that any operational licenses for executing the contract are in place.
- Verify that the contract and the vessels operate in compliance with all local legislationsegulations and with STCW and/or other legal crew certificate requirements.
- Manage, develop, appraise and motivate all Staff and Crew assigned to the contract.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor degree at a Maritime Academy or other marine related advanced or university level qualifications.
- Relevant marine operating experience. Preferably sea-going experience as Master or Chief Engineer
- In-depth understanding and experience of marine industry and terminal operations
- Onshore management experience
- 5 to 6 years of relevant work experience
- Strong managerial and administrative skills
- Pro-active work approach and a strong commercial feel
- Fluent in English
Other requirements are:
- Willing to work on rotational basis 6 weeks on 6 weeks off
- Experience with working with multinational and multicultural crew and staff
- Energetic, enthusiastic, optimistic, hands-on and stress resistant
SMIT Lamnalco offers a:
- A position in an international environment, working on a state of the art project.
- Competitive Remuneration package.
For more information, please feel free to contact Elina Elliott, Group Sr. HR Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications can only be submitted via our website.
Company: Smit Lamnalco
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Douala, Cameroon
Application Deadline: N/A