Consultant Partnerships Officer (Special Assistant to Regional Director), WFP Johannesburg vacancy in World Food Programme at Saf, Nord-Ouest, Cameroon
Website World Food Programme
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about World Food Programme in Saf, Nord-Ouest, Cameroon
About the job
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
I. About Wfp
T he United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives.
Present in around 83 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas. We manage an operating budget of approximately $6 billion each year. We reach an average of 91 million people with food assistance in around 83 countries each year. The World Food Programme office in Johannesburg is a Regional Office coordinating and providing strategic support for the delivery of humanitarian assistance to 11 Southern African countries including, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Botswana, Malawi, Madagascar, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo Brazzaville
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
This position is found in Johannesburg Regional Bureau, and typically reports to Regional Director. The Job holder is likely to be working closely with other more experienced professional staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
III. JOB PURPOSE
The role will serve as a Special Advisor to the Regional Director (RD) and provide general support to the Regional Director in his operational functions
Iv. Standard Minimum Qualifications
Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Relations, Public or Business Administration or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience
Experience: 1-3 years of post graduate progressively responsible professional experience in international humanitarian devel opment
Language: Fluency (level C) in both oral & written English Language is required. Fluency or intermediate French Language is required
V. Main Accountabilities/Responsibilities
The position will report directly to the Regional Director (RD). Under his guidance, the role is responsible for the following:
- Working with the technical experts from the Headquarters, Regional Bureau (RB) and Country Offices (COs), the Special Assistant will incorporate key trend in social, political and economic into presentations, reports and talking points.
- Monitor information and extract key highlights which may have an operational impact in the region and facilitate informed decision-making by the RD
- Attend meetings and coordinate the drafting of note for the records for each meeting and ensure a follow up
- Support with translation and interpretation when appropriate
- Logistical coordination of internal and external meetings and inputs to develop presentation ahead of meetings and conferences, Executive Board and meetings with Donors, regional institutions, etc.
- Provide general support to RD in development of strategic papers as required
- Support RD in managing preparation of documents, communication, letters, synthesis reports as required, etc.
Knowledge Management (KM)
- Work with the KM team to ensure the effective dissemination of information related to the work of RD for knowledge consolidation
- Provide general support during travel missions with the RD through effective logistical preparation, identification of key messages and follow up action points, and feedback to the relevant internal stakeholder (Deputy Regional Director, Heads of unit)
- Perform other duties as required
Vi. Functional Capabilities
Ca pability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Relationship Management Demonstrates ability to build and sustain effective collaborative relationships with appropriate stakeholders and contacts in area of expertise to raise the profile of WFP, build relationships and further organisational aims.
Communication Expertise Collates accurate and timely information in required format (i.e. written or visual communications materials as well as verbally), to facilitate information flows and informed decision making on communications issues.
Information Analytics, Reporting & Management Gathers, analyses and reports information in a manner that draws out fact-based insights to inform approach to partner relationships and support substantive discussion with partners. Captures relevant information and progress, and ensures internal information sharing.
Resource Mobilisation Analyses relevant technical data and prepares briefs to raise resources for operations, negotiates contributions and keeps donors informed of key policies. Ensures and oversees timely registration of contributions and forecasts, aiming for accuracy and conformity with donors’ documentation and WFP’s rules.
Business Process Support & Technical Guidance Provides technical support to other business areas, identifying procedural issues and solutions. Applies understanding to ensure system maintenance and to support the design and implementation of system changes, supporting users and ensuring relevant training and materials are provided as necessary.
VII. Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication skills ( oral & written) with the ability to convey complex information and adapt communication style to different audiences
- Strong analytical skills: ability to think creatively and problem solving with flexibility
- Good organizational skills and ability to establish priorities, deliver under tight deadlines, plan, coordinate and implement agreed actions
- Good interpersonal and diplomatic skills and ability to work in multicultural environment, build and maintain effective work relationships
- Ability to maintain high degree of judgement, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems
- Ability to prepare concise reports and presentations, produce graphics and leverage social media
IX. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
VA closing date: 10 February 2022 at 11:59pm, Johannesburg time.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Company: World Food Programme
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Saf, Nord-Ouest, Cameroon
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com